Much is to be said of those who are brave enough to continue to see the light despite the dark of today. Due to the difficult world we have now, there are those who have settled into the form of a grown up. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just that I choose to live in the more unconventional way.
I choose to be a Neverlander.
It’s not about living life being bratty and childish with 50 shades of immaturity. Rather, it’s about living life still doing the usual responsibilities of whatever age you are, but still retaining that childlike wonder, fascination and “Anything is possible” mindset.
Neverlanders are people of all genders who are young at heart. Restless souls who live or would like to live colourful lives filled with happiness & passion. Hopeful dreamers who continue to chase and achieve more because they believe you can have more than one dream and chase them with wild abandon. Hardy adventurers who think getting lost is as fun and enriching as finding your way. Playful spirits who continue to live life the way a child does: You can do/want/have/be anything. Strong-willed individuals who never forget who they are, never conforms, and continually stays true to themselves.
Does it sound like you?
Or are you enticed to live like one as well?
These are where The Neverlander’s categories come into play. They may be the main content of my blog, but they also double up as a checklist of “How To Live The Neverlander Life”. Besides the top rules which are “Think Happy Thoughts & No Growing Up”, here are 5 rules for Neverlanders…
- Go Travel- To continuously learn, we must expose ourselves to that which we do not know. When you travel, you are in a constant learning mode, picking up more of the world’s beauty, along with its maddening and awe-inspiring complications. Travel the world and your mind will broaden, guaranteed.
- Get Inspired- No one is inspired 24/7 but that shouldn’t stop us from continually seeking it out. It is with inspiration that we go out and do amazing things that benefit not only us but also others. Never lose inspiration to do more in life and you will always feel fulfilled.
- Meet Neverlanders- We become more of what we’re exposed to. Meeting other Neverlanders will not only grant us a crossing with another kindred spirit, but also get you inspired, empowered and motivated to also get a move on in life.
- Survive Misadventures- Troubles are an inevitable part of life. One way or another, you will find yourself in situations where you’re brought down by all sorts of negative emotions. It’s okay to feel negative—for a while. After all, we need hardships because no one learns from getting it easy. The best part of misadventures is surviving it and knowing how strong you can be.
- Style Life- No matter what or who you were born into, you always have the capacity to choose the life you want for yourself. We design our life by how we want to exist, by what we want to do, and how we generally want to live. Never lose sight of the power that you have within you to create and style the life that you want to have.